Becoming a Volunteer Subscriber
Do you like asking for money? No? Why am I not surprised… me neither! The simple truth is, we all need it, right? We all have bills to pay, us parents have children to feed, clothe and house, and we all have things in life that we need to do. I’m a person, like you, with a real life to live; and real expenses. Yet, it is my passion and my responsibility to walk in the calling of my God and to share the beautiful and precious things of his Word, His revelation, His leadership and His promises. At the same time, I have become increasingly aware that I cannot do this alone. In order to help others, I also need to be willing to receive help from others. We all need help and support in some form or another. This is God’s design. Though we all need to seek regular solitude with our Creator; He has not intended that any of us live out our whole lives in isolation.
I greatly desire to do quality work in all things, especially those things that really matter in the world. At the same time, I have been blessed with 2 beautiful young children that need the best of me and need me to be peacefully present with them and to teach them the important things of life. All of these elements of life take a lot of time, energy and resources. The reality is, the more support that I am able to receive, the better positioned I will be to be able to successfully do all of these things that I believe in with all my heart.
Like many others in the world, I have not been born into a privileged position of monetary resources. But I do believe that more and more people are seeing the importance of investing their money in things that matter; in local businesses of integrity; in efforts that bring value into the world. In so doing, we “cast our vote” into the things in the world that have potential to bring good and to influence positive change. When we invest in the good of others, we become part of those good things; we become a part of positive change; we bring supportive relief and provision into the lives of families pursuing justice and integrity; and most importantly: we become involved in the work of our Heavenly Father.
Now, perhaps you may be thinking, “but I don’t quite agree with everything I have seen on Raise Up A Standard”; or “I really see this issue quite differently than RUAS”; or “I really don’t know where Yiskah is going with RUAS”; and you may have a contrasting perspective which is preventing you from feeling completely comfortable with contributing. But, even if this is the case for you, I’d still like to invite you to consider becoming a volunteer subscriber for the following reasons:
- I promise not to perceive your contributions as absolute agreement with everything I present; but rather to perceive your contribution as evidence of your gracious and generous support in seeing value in some aspect of what I am doing.
- None of us have everything all figured out. Each of us are humans, coming from various backgrounds, with various baggage. Yet, God out of His grace and patience is working with each of us where we are, and breathing life into any aspect of our potential. Since we have been made to be like Him, in His image; we can thus take a similar approach.
- While I recognize I do not possess perfect understanding in all areas of truth, I am committed to continuing to pursue truth throughout my life; with the understanding that it is “OK” to have been wrong, as long as I am willing to step into “right” whenever my eyes have been opened to it. When we seek to become involved in the lives of each other, and our various works; we can help each other to come to greater clarity of truth and understanding.
- You will not be locked into any kind of long term commitment. If, at any time, your situation or convictions change, you are free to cancel your subscription payments.
- There are no statements of faith that you will be required to agree to in order to participate in contributing. As we each pursue truth and good in our lives, at RUAS we believe in the freedom to grow in understanding and change our perspectives according to the leadership and guidance of our Heavenly Father as He opens the stores of wisdom, and unfolds new insights to His children.
For much of my own life, I had not understood this principle: that every time we spend money; every time we purchase something; and every time we decide to contribute financially to something; we are in essence “voting with our dollars” in a real and tangible way. When we purchase items that were produced in a way that creates a toxic environment in our world, we are supporting the people who are negatively and irresponsibly impacting our world. At the same time, when we decide to support anything in the world that has potential, we are aligning ourselves with good and in so doing, we become “like” our Creator, Who also so very graciously works with any spark of potential; so that good may come into the world.
In this sense, we are stepping into the role of the prophetic “Servant” in the Book of the Prophesy of Isaiah, and we are:
- Breaking not the bruised reed (Isa 42:3)
- Not quenching the smoking flax (42:3)
- Seeing potential wherever there is a small spark; and seeking towards restoration and wellness.
I believe that our God is doing a great, global work in our day. The amazing thing is: that, despite all of our own limitations, blindness and failings; He has invited us to become part of His work of filling the earth with all that is good and lovely; all to the the glory of YHWH.
By becoming a volunteer monthly subscriber you are contributing to Raise Up A Standard and making it possible for me to provide all of the free content that it is in my heart to provide. The more volunteer contributions that we receive, the more we will be able to freely provide, making it possible for you to personally benefit as well as to easily share valued content with others.
In addition, by becoming a monthly subscriber, you will receive a surprise thank you gift from me; a token of my sincere appreciation for each and every one of you that subscribes.
What do you say? Are you willing to bless each of us connected with Raise Up A Standard with your support today?
Click below to begin your monthly voluntary subscription in the standard amount of $15 per month, through PayPal. (You can cancel at anytime.)
Finally, thank you so much! I am so very thankful for your generous support. In so doing, you have become a great blessing to us; and are assisting us to help others in service and in love for our God.
Yiskah and Family.